How to Improve Your Writing
September 29, 2021 • written by Kevin Olega
Here’s the summary:
- Write everyday
- Use Tools
- Write using a different format.
- Write about yourself
- Keep expanding and continue writing about yourself
- The more you write, the more you can share with friends.
- Write stories.
- Write a long version and short version of important stories.
- Aim to write more than 10k notes every year.
- You can’t communicate if you don’t have the words and sentences ready.
- Writing is the best way to practice if you don’t have fluent practice partners available to speak with.
- Talk to yourself using writing.
- Use short sentences and simple words.
- Use grammar check tools from Google Docs and Grammarly (free version)
- Google short sentences and check if other people use the same sentences.
- Record yourself speaking.
- Listen to your recordings and self-correct.
- Watch out for long so’s uhms, uhhs, etc..
- Smile and look at the camera.
- You can use a video or voice recorder depending on what you have.
- Continue working on your message until you’re 100% happy with how you sound.
- The more you get to tell the story the better you are at telling the story.
- Practice sharing a story and listen to yourself.
- Fix your story on paper before you need to share the story in the interview.
Write using a different format.
- Stories need to have a long version and a short version.
- People sometimes need additional details.
- People with the same training as you may want the short version.
- Practice the short and long versions of your stories.
Send me a message if you have questions.
Thank you for reading this far and thanks for your attention.
I am praying for your success. God bless!
If you made it this far, you should introduce yourself.
READ MY BOOKS!
WATCH MY LESSONS.
GET LIVE COACHING!
FREE EMAIL LESSONS!
SUPPORT OUR PAGE
Join our weekend English coaching is on SALE for ₱697 a week.
Discounts offered to long-term students.
Save money by reserving multiple weeks!
JOIN LIVE SESSIONS