What is inbound and what is outbound?
A call center makes and takes calls. Inbound and Outbound refers to the direction of the calls.
- Inbound means, you are receiving the calls.
- Outbound means you’re giving the call.
There are both inbound and outbound calls to different business processes. Here are some examples:
- Inbound Customer Service is when a customer calls to make inquiries, follow up on requests or get an issue resolved.
- Outbound Customer Service is when an agent calls the customer to do a follow up on a customer’s request, solve problems and/or close support tickets.
- Inbound Sales involves a sales agent answering sales inquiries, processing orders and offering promotional packages (also called up-selling)
- Outbound Sales is when an agent reaches out to leads or prospects to offer products or services. This is also called telemarketing.
Will I get assigned to an inbound or outbound account?
I don’t know.
It usually depends on what account is urgent, available and matches your profile.
It also varies from company to company.
Do you want an inbound based call center job or outbound based call center job?
I am praying for your success. God bless!
If you made it this far, you should introduce yourself.
FOR MORE LESSONS:
BUY MY BOOK!
DOWNLOAD MY FREE BOOK!
Watch FREE Video Lessons.
BUY LIVE COACHING!
GET FREE EMAIL LESSONS!
SUPPORT OUR PAGE:
DONATE and support my work.
Volunter your time...
Here are other ways to support our work.