What the heck is a Call Center?
Wikipedia says:A call centre or call center is a centralised office used for the purpose of receiving and transmitting a large volume of requests by telephone. A call centre is operated by a company to administer incoming product support or information inquiries from consumers. Outgoing calls for telemarketing, clientele, product services, and debt collection are also made.
That’s true. The real question is:
What the heck is a call center for me?
**For different people there are different answers.**
- For a business owners it’s a place to outsource business related tasks we’d rather not handle on our own.
- For some entrepreneurs it’s a business opportunity.
**But that’s not who I wrote this blog for.**
- You just retired from your work voluntarily or involuntarily and you’re bored with staying at home and looking for a source of income a call center maybe for you.
- You’re a fresh graduate, looking to earn some money for yourself or to start a business later on.
- You’re a new graduate and you can’t find a job in the field of study you took up in college.
- You’re a single mom looking for a way to make ends meet.
- You have someone you can’t support, who needs a job.
- You want to learn business practices and how some foreign companies operate.
The call center is in no way the prefect solution. I myself am not currently employed in one. The pay is pretty okay and the shifts vary and you may like it or not like it depending on your lifestyle. I present it as a stepping stone to other opportunities like:
- Funding your going back to school budget.
- Funding your own business.
- Funding your migrate to abroad plan “I hope not!”
- Paying for expenses and a source of income while you figure things out.
- etc. Whatever it is it’s not limited to that. Use your imagination friend. That will be all for now from me.
What is a call center for you?
Trivia: One of the most common messages that we receive is “Hi I want to be a call center, can you give me some tips”
Do you want more of these kinds of posts? Please let me know by sending me a message. I’ll do my best to answer when I’m online.
This is not a sponsored post so if you read until the end, show your love and support. Buy our books. Make a donation to keep this site alive. Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube. When you’re done, share this with your friends.
Thank you for reading. If I can do it, you can do it. Praying for your success.