I’m going to share you one of my biggest secrets why I can get to improve people’s skills faster.
I teach them how to focus on…
wait for it…
I teach them to focus on a few things that are important.
Back in school I’m notorious for asking the teacher why a boring lesson is important to learn and I still do.
I don’t do it out loud but sometime extra lessons are not really useful.
If something is not worth learning then it is important to not learn the lesson.
That’s just how I think personally.
If you need to improve your English skills you don’t need to go through every word in the dictionary.
You only need a few.
Where then do we start?
How about the top 100 most used words in the English language?
It is the most used after all, so it makes sense that we get this right now.
Do you agree?
I didn’t invent this but I found this very useful. Here’s the list. I copied it from Wikipedia. Why? Because it works. Here’s how you use it.
Can I pronounce each word correctly? Can I say it right?
Do I know what each word means? Can I come up with a short definition?
Can I use each word in a sentence?
Here’s an exercise:
Source for the words: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_common_words_in_English
- time - person - year - way - day - thing - man - world - life - hand - part - child - eye - woman - place - work - week - case - point - government - company - number - group - problem - fact
- be - have - do - say - get - make - go - know - take - see - come - think - look - want - give - use - find - tell - ask - work - seem - feel - try - leave - call
- good - new - first - last - long - great - little - own - other - old - right - big - high - different - small - large - next - early - young - important - few - public - bad - same - able
- to - of - in - for - on - with - at - by - from - up - about - into - over - after - beneath - under - above
- the - and - a - that - I - it - not - he - as - you - this - but - his - they - her - she - or - an - will - my - one - all - would - there
Do you want more of these kinds of posts?
Click here to buy my intensive training package.
Stay in touch with me by signing up to my email list and get updates, offers and opportunities that I don't normally post on the blog or social media.
Read more free lessons.
Subscribe on Facebook and YouTube. When you’re done, share this with your friends.
We may never meet but I'm happy I am able to contribute to your life through my writing.
Thank you for reading this far and thank you for your attention.
Always remember that if I can do it, you can do it too.
Successful people are willing to experience temporary discomfort and do difficult activities that unsuccessful people are NOT willing to do so that they are able to build the life and enjoy benefits that unsuccessfull people will never have.
I am always praying for your success.
Do you have a question or just want to say something? Leave a comment or fill out this form. I read all of them.