Since I get a lot of questions on how to build a resume from scratch I created a sample resume that you can use.
I also added comments to each part so be sure to read my notes.
Here are a few rules I applied to writing my resume.
The font is Arial size 24 for my name, 16 for the title and 11 for everything else.
Keep the resume minimal with less unnecessary details.
One page resume’s are ideal so I do my best to stick to the format.
I didn’t include an objective because it’s obvious that you are looking for a job.
I also didn’t include a summary because I don’t have a lot of things to put in my resume and I don’t need to summarize for my application as a call center agent.
Here are some of the details I included. Do your best to stick to one page. Feel free to not include any of the optional as most of them were just used as fillers.
2. Mobile Number
3. Landline (if any)
4. Email Address – Please use a professional one.
5. Physical Address
6. Work Experience if any – Summer jobs and part time jobs also apply
7. Education – College Only but if you need fillers feel free to add high school.
8. Trainings and Seminars
9. Extra Curricular Activities
10. Skills and Interests – I normally don’t include this these days but if you need a filler this works too.
11. Software – MS, Apple or Google Documents, Spreadsheets and Presentations. Photoshop. WordPress or other tools will be useful.
12. Reference – I don’t include this but if you need a filler this works just fine.
I’d like to stick to the one page resume rule but my resume should not be less than 3/4th of the page so I include the following fillers.
2. Trainings and Seminars attended
So there you have it. I hope it helps. Let me know how the resume writing works for you. If you’d like me to build you a resume head over here.
Thank you for reading. Email me one thing that you learned that had an impact and what you did about it. firstname.lastname@example.org. I read each and every email.