What I like about the call center industry is they’re an equal opportunity employer. They don’t care if you’re tall, short, fat, thin, rich or poor or whatever.
They want to know if you can get the job done and if you can prove to them that you can, you’ll be able to land a job at their company. That’s it.
Here are some of the basic requirements:
- Conversational English Skills – Having good communication skills are required for the job. You’ll be talking mostly in English so you better polish up this skill.
- Willing to work night shifts and graveyard shifts – These are the usual work schedules.
- Can start immediately – They want someone who can start as soon as they can. Call centers have deadlines with their accounts. An unfilled position is bad for their business so they want to hire agents fast.
- 18 years old up to around 50plus – There doesn’t seem to be a limit here
- Can use a computer – You’ll be working from a phone line attached to a computer. Head here to find out what computer skills are required.
- High School Graduate and up – As long as you can get the job done. Most call centers I know are open to high school graduates. Some require two years or a degree but there aren’t a lot of them.
That’s pretty much it. Whatever else you have to offer is a plus.
Did I miss anything?
Thank you for reading. Email me one thing that you learned that had an impact and what you did about it. email@example.com. I read each and every email.